Breaking news - www.breakingnews.com

0 Amazing new images from the International Space Station.

Astronauts open up world to Earthlings via photos



Mt. Fuji towering over the beautiful autumn landscape near Tokyo. Captured this photo for my friend Nara-san and our training team in Tsukuba, Japan. You are right here with us in spirit. Seeing the majesty of Mt. Fuji from space is a profoundly emotional moment…flooded with great memories of our time together. It seems that time slips by so quickly like sand through an hourglass. 


The 'mystery island' in my recent tweet is Isle Juan de Nova in the Mozambique Channel between Madagascar and the African mainland. The beautiful colors rival the amazing places in the Caribbean, like the islands in this photo. Hint: This photo was taken only 2 minutes after the photo in my previous tweet of the Caribbean City. 


This is indeed a priceless masterpiece, but not painted by human hands. If I could travel in time, I would love to meet one of the great Impressionists and share this picture... and listen to their thoughts. Back by request... you likely won’t need any hints to guess this 'mystery location'. 

Aurora Borealis in the distance on this beautiful night over Europe. The Strait of Dover is pretty clear as is Paris, the City of Lights. A little fog over the western part of England and London. It is incredible to see the lights of the cities and small towns against the backdrop of deep space. I am going to miss this view of our wonderful world...



On this sacred night, when the aurora looked like rain, I reflected back on my childhood dreams of flying a spaceship through the infinite expanse of space... to be among the mosaic of billions of stars, and visit other worlds. Now as I look from space at our planet I realize that had I been born and spent my childhood here in space... how much greater and more vivid my dreams would have been to visit this blue planet.
These and more beautiful photo's available in Super Large high quality here:
http://twitpic.com/photos/Astro_Wheels
_________________________________________________

 

No comments: